Avvie from Avon’s Babbles (http://avonsbabbles.wordpress.com/) has given me an award! Though I feel it is somewhat undeserved, as I have only just started blogging, I thank her immensely because I was desperately in need of something to post. Here are the rules:
1. Display the award certificate on your website
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers (or in my case, six, because I am only just starting to read blogs)
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
5. Post seven interesting things about yourself
I’m always quite dreadful at coming up with facts about myself, but I’ll give it a go.
1. I am completely awful with technology and only recently began actually spending any time on the internet.
2. I have participated in the young writer’s program of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo or NaNo for short) for two years now, and won both times.
3. For the first time this year I tried Camp NaNoWriMo in April and won. I didn’t post here at all during April because I was focusing on my writing.
4. I am slightly obsessed with Marvel superheros, Star Trek, Star Wars, and other things typically labeled as “nerdy”.
5. My favorite color is purple.
6. I go to a performing arts school, and my classes this semester are acting, movement, singing, theater studies, musicianship, text analysis, French 1, honors English, honors world history, honors biology, and advanced geometry.
7. I enjoy traveling and have been to Canada, New York, Florida, Oregon, California, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, and North Carolina, among others. I hope to travel Europe someday and long to visit Italy.
Now for my nominees:
Sararosa at http://umthatwassararosa.wordpress.com She is a wonderful writer and friend.
Nevillegirl at http://musingsfromnevillesnavel.wordpress.com I am well aware that she has already been nominated, but hers is one of the few blogs I follow and her posts always manage to cheer me up
Laurel at http://gayandaway.blog.com Zhe is lovely and inspiring on NaNo and has recently started blogging
Miriam Joy at http://miriamjoywrites.com Her blog is very inspiring, especially when I’m hopelessly stuck on one of my novels
Thay at http://themagiccomesback.wordpress.com She was very inspiring role model on NaNo (and she has also already been nominated)
Orphu at http://amirrormadeofwords.wordpress.com She is a wonderful NaNoer and blogger, and her most recent post about books made me smile (and she has also already been nominated).
Sadly, I don’t read more blogs (though I should), so I can’t nominate anyone else. Also, I will hopefully be posting a book review of The Gurensy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society soon. Be prepared. It will no doubt be one of those posts I look back on a year later and think “Wow, I was so bad at reviewing and blogging in general back then.”